New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 4.9 rating!) on Glassdoor
and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces
- a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
As our VP of Marketing, you have a rare opportunity to build the initial marketing strategy for a 160+ person company that was 80 people 18 months ago! This is a wonderful opportunity for a dynamic leader to accelerate YipitData’s growth by building a world class marketing engine.
You will define, own and operate our marketing function, including budget, strategy, growth and acquisition, retention, brand positioning, and creative. As a valued thought partner, you will be working collaboratively with multiple teams across our company. You will bring an ownership mentality and a growth mindset.
Our first marketing hire was made less than 18 months ago and the second in August 2020. You will build, guide, and support a high-performing, collaborative cross-functional team of marketers who will drive forward our company’s vision and together achieve inspiring results. This is a rare opportunity to build the best in class team and marketing strategy for a high growth company!
As our VP of Marketing, you will:
- Own our marketing budget and make investment decisions to enable our growth
- Lead development of marketing strategy and product marketing: value proposition, messaging, segmentation, channel mix, market analysis, competitive intelligence, creative asset development, etc
- Scale our marketing team with the talent needed to achieve our long term goals
- Establish priorities for the team and ensure alignment with overall company goals, provide regular coaching/feedback, and proactively support the career development of each person on the marketing team
- Build our customer marketing lifecycle and account-based marketing program
- Work in partnership with our Revenue and Product teams to iterate on and develop our go-to-market strategy
- Develop a brand and PR strategy to define our messaging and grow our share of voice in the market
- Provide visibility into our marketing organization’s KPIs and accurately measure performance to ensure programs are goal orientated and metrics driven
- Consistently optimize conversion through the marketing funnel and establish the effectiveness of demand gen investments on pipeline and KPIs
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have multiple years of marketing leadership experience at a B2B insights, data or SaaS company
- You have defined a company’s marketing strategy and executed on it to successfully drive growth
- You have a proven track record of exceeding marketing revenue goals and KPI
- You are data-driven, able to understand and interpret data, and use insights to optimize performance and inform future actions
- You are customer-centric and can understand the complex needs of our clients
- You are product minded and creative in developing content marketing strategies
- You are strategic, can identify opportunities for growth and address any obstacles
- You are a committed leader with a track record of building great teams
- You are a team player and are motivated by the company’s success
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity, highly competitive salary & bonus plan
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, a generous 401K match,parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more.
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.