New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, private equity funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, venture capital funds and corporations in the world.
We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help investors and other corporations and entities answer their key questions.
We’re a fast growing technology company based in NYC, with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose. Our Glassdoor rating is a perfect 5.0!
About The Role:
Are you a passionate, solutions-oriented attorney looking for a new role in a fast-paced financial tech company? Joining YipitData’s legal team is a rare opportunity to become a core contributor to the success of a company that is building the future of investment research.
At YipitData, our legal team is an essential and collaborative partner in the Company’s growth. As our Associate Counsel, you will be a core player in partnering with our commercial teams to negotiate, execute and close sales.
In this role, you’ll gain experience in:
- Developing contract negotiation and drafting skills to close deals. You will be guiding our commercial teams through the lifecycle of a deal - from initiating a contract or negotiating a NDA through closing the deal.
- Learning in a rapidly changing environment by navigating new problems and conceiving novel contracting frameworks for creative sales ideas.
- Enhancing processes, efficiency, and best practices, including continuing to build out our contract management platform and working with our commercial teams to improve our forms and processes.
- Collaborating with our product, revenue, engineering, privacy and compliance, and finance teams to facilitate contract reviews and internal processes.
- Researching, recommending and executing on key strategic opportunities and special projects.
- Evaluating and advising on appropriate legal courses of action to meet Company and business unit needs.
- Executing on corporate governance matters related to board meetings, shareholders, and corporate records and documents.
You are likely to succeed, if:
- You are excited by and highly determined to work on revenue driving commercial contracts with both legal and financial/commercial issues. You have a passion for drafting, negotiating, and redlining and are eager to further develop these skills.
- Your attention to detail is stellar.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy working cross-functionally
- You thrive in the unknown, are motivated to think creatively each day and can handle new areas of responsibility independently.
- You have a law degree (JD or equivalent) from a top law school, license to practice and member of good standing in New York, and have the appropriate practical knowledge, skills and abilities acquired through experience as a practicing attorney at a law firm or in-house, drafting and negotiating business contracts strongly preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity for a top law firm associate or experienced lawyer at a high-growth company with strong communication skills and impeccable judgment.
What We Offer :
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary & commission plan
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, fully stocked kitchen, paid team bonding events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust. To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks collaboration, innovation, and excellence through diversity and inclusion.